The Forum Minigame : City 24 Overwatch (XCOM Combine edition) /Suggestion thread/

Meco

MegaHeart
Supporter Plus
7 January 2019
The Forum Minigame : City 24 Overwatch (XCOM Combine edition)
  • How important is this to implement: Unimportant, but fun. Convenient/Slightly/Important/Critical
  • Which factions does this suggestion affect: Everyone who visits the forum, and likely everyone playing the server.
  • Why is it important that this is implemented: To add depth to the server lore through engagement.
USED TO BE A SUGGESTION! ACTUAL GAME WILL BE IN A SEPERATE THREAD SOON! C:

What the hell is it:
It is a forum minigame I will lead, based on the outlands area around City 24. It focuses on OTA efforts to pacify the outland, and will be formed as a poll, either proper thread poll or suggestions from those who post.

Why:
The events that happen and choices that are made here can be made canon for parties participating in it. It means it can enrich lore and characters, as well as direct the overall state of the city and its surroundings.

How:

>I present to you, the Tri-Mountain Outlands (Yes, the middle part is C24, Geneva)

1547155064356388101581.png

This map will be used to mark where the events are happening. After that, the forum will be asked of where should the OTA forces react to, in an XCOM fashion, by sending out troops to deal with whatever the event is.

The choice will be made either through polls (new thread each cycle) or a megathread with "voting" being a literal post in the thread.

>This is the Power Tracker.

tracker 1.png

It will provide a basic analysis of the powers in the region, and how they impact the server and the world (This is non binding, and anything that happens will be under discretion of staff and personal choice). Of course, it will change over time, depending on actions.

I will explain what the marks on the tracker mean better if this gets approved.

>The Cycle is the time between events happening on the map. The Cycle will consist of Voting period (24 hours) and Action period (2 days after). It will give time to participate in the vote and for the people to adjust to new happenings.

Brief possible questions:

Is this gonna be complex?
No, I will do pretty much all of the work, all I need is a thread place (in the right forum folder of staff's choice) and ability for people to post in it.

Again, why?
Its fun and everyone gets to participate in server lore even if their character is insignificant for start.

Wait, if everyone participates, doesn't that mean it is going to be chaotic and meta?
Of course. But I planned for that: Minister of Defence will get 2 votes and Administrator will get 3. If the situation for OTA becomes realtively bad (Metropolice deployment), the SeC and DvL will also get multiple votes for the duration.

This is unfair to dictate events for others!
I am not dictating them, just framing the lore. It is purely the choice of the people to follow it, as it is designed for entertainment first. If the game results in zombies being out of control and widespread, I am not forcing you to spawn them. I am just giving the staff an excuse to do an event where zombies go out the sewers to the surface for a moment. And after that event is done, they are likely to lose a lot of power on the tracker, as the city cleanup by CCA is not a joke.

EDIT 1: Fuk, misspeld omnipresent.

Last edited:

Max Kapteijn

GigaHeart
Supporter Plus
23 December 2018
This looks fun but I have no idea to play.
Nevertheless I will participate.

Meco

MegaHeart
Supporter Plus
7 January 2019
This looks fun but I have no idea to play.
I'll explain further:

Everyone on forum gets 1 vote (except me, since it would be unfair with me knowing all event spawns)
Administrator gets 3, MoD gets 2 and SeC/DvL get 2 if OTA is doing poorly.

So every cycle there will be "events" you can respond to, but you only have 1 or 2 choices. Entire forum votes on where the OTA squads should go.

19 January 2019
i like it and max is dumm for not understanding

rolling trips
rebels expand
>digits GET

26 December 2018
This is a great idea! We should do this, it'll add some personality to the forums. Let's vote it up guys! :D

blt950

Heartbit Lover
Owner
31 May 2018
Oslo, Norway
As long this is just a OOC-forum thing that doesn't effect IC, go a head. Moving this thread to general discussions.

26 December 2018
Hoover Dam, Mojave Wasteland
A great suggestion, to be honest. This reminds me of a server I used to play on ARMA 3 (And XCOM of course). It looks like it can be a lot of fun, and I'm interested how it'll play out. A big +SUPPORT from me.

also because I get two votes huehuehue